- NinjaTrader 7 platform: NOT PLANNED
- NinjaTrader 8 platform: AVAILABLE NOW
This is a classic indicator remade by ninZa.Co.
ADX/DMI is a great combo to identify market conditions. If ADX is below a threshold (generally 20-25), the market is characterized as “chop”. If ADX meets the threshold, the market is trending:
- If DMI+ is above DMI-, we have an uptrend.
- If DMI+ is below DMI-, we have a downtrend.
Just that simple, but in reality traders will find it really difficult and time-consuming to interpret the plots because we have as many as 3 plots to take into account. Don’t worry! Our Superior ADX/DMI handles all these interpretations and paint chart background for you to easily read:
- Green background: uptrend (only search for long signals)
- Pink background: downtrend (only search for short signals)
- Normal background: chop market (don’t trade)
From our researches, we discovered that using a very small ADX/DMI period with a little smoothing provides much better trend detection. That’s why we use a period of 3 for ADX/DMI, smoothed by HMA 2 in the default settings of the indicator.
A tremendously powerful feature of our indicator is ADX peak/exhaustion recognition, which often signals trend slowdowns or reversals accurately. For your information, an ADX exhaustion is a peak occurring in the high ADX zone (you define the threshold for the zone, e.g. 80). From our experiences, ADX exhaustion detects trend reversals or retracements to extremely high accuracy. This feature is, therefore, the priceless part of this indicator. ADX peaks are marked with small dots (), while ADX exhaustions are marked with large dots ().
The ADX plot is conditionally colorized to reflect different market periods: chop, exhaustion, uptrend rise/fall, downtrend rise/fall.
- Plot ADX, DMI+, DMI-
- Allow smoothing ADX with any of 10 smoothing methods
- Allow smoothing DMI+, DMI- with any of 10 smoothing methods
- Allow defining 2 thresholds for high ADX and mid ADX
- Paint background to show 3 market phases: uptrend, downtrend, chop
- Colorize ADX based on 6 conditions: chop, exhaustion, uptrend rise, uptrend fall, downtrend rise, downtrend fall
- Print marker on trend start
- Trigger alerts on trend start
- Print markers on ADX peak/exhaustion
- Trigger alerts on ADX peak/exhaustion
- Be NinjaScipt ready for advanced usage, only restricted by your imagination
- Expose dedicated NinjaScipt signals
- Popup alert
- Sound alert (configurable rearm)
- Email alert (possibly configured as SMS alert)
- Message displayed in Alerts Log window
- Can be used in Market Analyzer
- Can be used in Strategy Builder
- Can be used in BloodHound
- Can be used in 3rd-party indicators, strategies, products
- Professional & clean signature for easy calling
Dedicated NinjaScipt signals:
- Signal_State: 0 = chop, 1 = uptrend, -1 = downtrend
- Signal_Peak: 0 = no ADX peak, 1 = bullish peak, 2 = bullish exhaustion, -1 = bearish peak, -2 = bearish exhaustion
- Instruments: CFDs, forex, futures, indices, options, stocks
- Interval types: timebased or non-timebased, standard or custom
- Chart styles: whatever
- Ready to use out of the box
- Fully configurable & customizable with ease
Please read Installation Guide for details.
FREE support for life! Feel free to ask us anything, anytime.
In NinjaTrader 8 platform, you even have access to our PRIORITY SUPPORT directly from chart.
Please read Customer Service for details.
All upgrades for NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 are FREE to request.
A one-time low fee may be required for an upgrade from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8.
Please read Upgrade Policy for details.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON-REFUNDABLE!
Upon purchasing this indicator, you agree to be bound by Terms of Service.