- NinjaTrader 7 platform: NOT PLANNED
- NinjaTrader 8 platform: AVAILABLE NOW
- Calculate mode: OnBarClose only
- Trader manual: not available
This is a classic indicator remade by ninZa.Co.
ADX/DMI is a great combo to identify market conditions. If ADX is below a threshold (generally 20-25), the market is characterized as “chop”. If ADX meets the threshold, the market is trending:
- If DMI+ is above DMI-, we have an uptrend.
- If DMI+ is below DMI-, we have a downtrend.
Just that simple, but in reality traders will find it really difficult and time-consuming to interpret the plots because we have as many as 3 plots to take into account. Don’t worry! Our Superior ADX/DMI handles all these interpretations and paint chart background for you to easily read:
- Green background: uptrend (only search for long signals)
- Pink background: downtrend (only search for short signals)
- Normal background: chop market (don’t trade)
From our researches, we discovered that using a very small ADX/DMI period with a little smoothing provides much better trend detection. That’s why we use a period of 3 for ADX/DMI, smoothed by HMA 2 in the default settings of the indicator.
A tremendously powerful feature of our indicator is ADX peak/exhaustion recognition, which often signals trend slowdowns or reversals accurately. For your information, an ADX exhaustion is a peak occurring in the high ADX zone (you define the threshold for the zone, e.g. 80). From our experiences, ADX exhaustion detects trend reversals or retracements to extremely high accuracy. This feature is, therefore, the priceless part of this indicator. By default, ADX peaks are marked with diamonds (♦♦) and ADX exhaustions are marked with stars (★★) – but you can redefine the symbols to your liking.
The ADX plot is conditionally colorized to reflect different market periods: chop, exhaustion, uptrend rise/fall, downtrend rise/fall.
- Plot ADX, DMI+, DMI-
- Allow smoothing ADX with any of 11 popular moving averages
- Allow smoothing DMI+, DMI- with any of 11 popular moving averages
- Allow defining 2 thresholds for high ADX and mid ADX
- Paint background to show 3 market phases: uptrend, downtrend, chop
- Colorize ADX based on 6 conditions: chop, exhaustion, uptrend rise, uptrend fall, downtrend rise, downtrend fall
- Colorize bars based on 2 phases: uptrend, downtrend
- Print markers on trend start
- Trigger alerts on trend start
- Print markers on ADX peak/exhaustion
- Trigger alerts on ADX peak/exhaustion
- Be NinjaScript ready for advanced usage, only restricted by your imagination
- Expose dedicated NinjaScript signals
- Popup alert
- Sound alert (configurable rearm)
- Email alert (possibly configured as SMS alert)
- Message displayed in Alerts Log window
- Can be used in ninZa.co's GRAND* HelloWin (our AMAZING analysis tool)
- Can be used in Market Analyzer
- Can be used in Strategy Builder
- Can be used in BloodHound
- Can be used in 3rd-party indicators, strategies, products
- Professional & clean signature for easy calling
Dedicated NinjaScript signals:
- Signal_State: 0 = chop, 1 = uptrend, -1 = downtrend
- Signal_Peak: 0 = no ADX peak, 1 = ADX peak bullish, 2 = ADX exhaustion bullish, -1 = ADX peak bearish, -2 = ADX exhaustion bearish
- Instruments: futures, stocks, indices
- Interval types: timebased or non-timebased, standard or custom
- Chart styles: whatever
- Ready to use out of the box
- Fully configurable & customizable with ease
Please read Installation Guide for details.
FREE support for life! Feel free to ask us anything, anytime.
On NinjaTrader 8, you even have access to our PRIORITY SUPPORT directly from charts.
Please read Customer Service for details.
All software upgrades for NinjaTrader 7 are absolutely FREE of charge.
All software upgrades for NinjaTrader 8 are absolutely FREE of charge.
A one-time low fee may be required for an upgrade from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8.
Please read Upgrade Policy for details.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON-REFUNDABLE!
Because software products may be copied and stored easily, we will NOT issue refunds of any kind.
Upon purchasing this software, you agree to be bound by Terms of Service.
NinjaTrader 8 version:
- 30 Nov 2020 – Exhaustion marker string was split into bullish and bearish ones.
- 04 Aug 2020 – Massive changes, fixes and improvements were made (DPI, display name, Z order, alert properties, marker string, bar painting, chart info, property naming/positioning/grouping); alert popup was visually enhanced.
- 10 Feb 2020 – Background highlight was enhanced, taking into account ADX rise/fall.
- 07 Jan 2020 – DMI crossover tolerance was updated.
- 12 Jul 2019 – The indicator was released (built new).