- NinjaTrader 7 platform: NOT PLANNED
- NinjaTrader 8 platform: AVAILABLE NOW
- Calculate mode: OnPriceChange only
- Trader manual: not available
As you know, Intraday VWAP Pro is an important indicator that measures a trading session’s average price by taking into account traded volumes. VWAP is a CRITICAL benchmark of price that is used by big players. However, what if your instrument does not have volumes, or its volumes are not reliable? There is great solution: use bar range in place of volume for weighting. Why it is a GREAT solution? Because when we compare RWAP and VWAP on real-volume instruments, we observe amazing similarities between them: similar shape, similar price. This proves that bar range can be a great substitution to volume when volumes are lacked or unreliable.
The major use of Intraday RWAP Pro is to help identify the intraday trend of the market. When the price is above RWAP, the market is in an uptrend; when the price is below RWAP, the market is in a downtrend. Therefore, this indicator can be used as a very powerful trend filter: we take only long signals when the price is above RWAP, and take only short signals when the price is below RWAP.
Second, RWAP can be used as a support/resistance indicator. For this purpose, we added S1/R1, S2/R2, S3/R3, S4/R4 which are user-defined offsets from RWAP. The offsets can be specified in multiple units:
- Standard deviation: 3 different formulas to compute StdDev
- Day-based unit: Prevday’s range or Today’s range
- Bar-based unit: Today’s average bar range
We also added an option for range power to let you decide the power of range that will be used in weighting: square root of range (power = 0.5), normal range (power = 1), range squared (power = 2), range cubed (power = 3)…
You are allowed to configure up to 2 time regions where the range is less weighted. For example, in Asian sessions, only 30% of bar range is taken into account, and in European sessions, 60% of bar range is used.
Our innovative ribbon (which can be placed at the top or bottom) visually tells you how bullish/bearish the market is. For example, when the market reaches S3/R3, the ribbon is MORE red/blue than when the market is somewhere near S1/R1. Very convenient, right?
The RWAP line can be colorized to reflect whether the market is above or below RWAP. Chart background can also be painted for the same purpose.
All of the plots (RWAP and S/R lines) are rounded to the nearest tick size.
- Plot RWAP
- Allow configuring range power
- Allow smoothing RWAP with SMA
- Plot S1/R1, S2/R2, S3/R3, S4/R4 which are user-defined distances from RWAP
- Allow specifying S/R offset unit based on StdDev: 3 different formulas
- Allow specifying S/R offset unit based on day data: Prevday’s range or Today’s range
- Allow specifying S/R offset unit based on bar data: Today’s average bar range
- Allow configuring S/R offset multipliers
- Paint regions between RWAP and S/R lines
- Colorize RWAP to show uptrend vs downtrend
- Paint background to show uptrend vs downtrend
- Display how bullish/bearish the market is with an innovative ribbon
- Be NinjaScript ready for advanced usage, only restricted by your imagination
- Expose dedicated NinjaScript signals
- Can be used in HelloWin Backtest - our AMAZING backtesting software @ HelloWin.io
- Can be used in Market Analyzer
- Can be used in Strategy Builder
- Can be used in BloodHound
- Can be used in 3rd-party indicators, strategies, products
- Professional & clean signature for easy calling
Dedicated NinjaScript signals:
- 5 = above R4
- 4 = from R3 to R4
- 3 = from R2 to R3
- 2 = from R1 to R2
- 1 = from RWAP to R1
- -1 = from RWAP to S1
- -2 = from S1 to S2
- -3 = from S2 to S3
- -4 = from S3 to S4
- -5 = below S4
- Instruments: futures, stocks, indices
- Interval types: timebased or non-timebased, standard or custom
- Chart styles: whatever
- Ready to use out of the box
- Fully configurable & customizable with ease
Please read Installation Guide for details.
FREE support for life! Feel free to ask us anything, anytime.
On NinjaTrader 8, you even have access to our PRIORITY SUPPORT directly from charts.
Please read Customer Service for details.
All software upgrades for NinjaTrader 7 are absolutely FREE of charge.
All software upgrades for NinjaTrader 8 are absolutely FREE of charge.
A one-time low fee may be required for an upgrade from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8.
Please read Upgrade Policy for details.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON-REFUNDABLE!
Because software products may be copied and stored easily, we will NOT issue refunds of any kind.
Upon purchasing this software, you agree to be bound by Terms of Service.
NinjaTrader 8 version:
- 28 Nov 2020 – Massive changes, fixes and improvements were made (DPI, display name, Z order, property naming/positioning/grouping); a minor time issue was fixed.
- 23 Jun 2020 – The indicator was released (built new).