One usually does not believe in simple things, but the simple may work very well.
One of the most effective Bollinger Bands strategies is its simplest setup: Bollinger reversal. The logic is straightforward: a bullish signal is generated when the market bounces up from the lower band, while a bearish signal is produced when the market bounces down from the upper band. Despite its incredible simplicity, this strategy is super effective – as it is often said “the simpler, the better”.
Our Bollinger Reversal Pro indicator recognizes the bouncing of price at upper/lower bands by checking if there is a candle with its part protruding from the Bollinger Bands by at least X ticks, where X is user-defined. This special algorithm makes sure that only the most substantial reversals are taken into account, hence increasing the probability of sustained reversing moves after the reversal candle.
Depending on your instruments and timeframes, you can set the offset of the Bollinger Bands to 2, 2.5, or even 3 standard deviations. The higher the offset, the fewer the signals but these signals tend to be of higher quality.
The signals generated by Bollinger Reversal Pro are extremely reliable in sideways markets. They are also very valuable in trending conditions but you have to keep in mind that you only take signals in the direction of the prevailing trend: use only bullish reversals in an uptrend and only bearish signals in a downtrend. Don’t trade against a major trend!
Let’s watch the video below for a detailed introduction to how to use this simple-yet-effective indicator.
- Popup alert
- Sound alert (configurable rearm)
- Email alert (possibly configured as SMS alert)
- Message displayed in Alerts Log window
- Can be used in HelloWin Backtest - our AMAZING backtesting software @ HelloWin.io
- Can be used in Market Analyzer
- Can be used in Strategy Builder
- Can be used in BloodHound
- Can be used in 3rd-party indicators, strategies, products
- Professional & clean signature for easy calling
Dedicated NinjaScript signals:
- Signal_State: 1 = above upper band, -1 = below lower band, 0 = inside
- Signal_Trade: 1 = bullish, -1 = bearish, 0 = no signal
- Ready to use out of the box
- Fully configurable & customizable with ease
Please read Installation Guide for details.
FREE support for life! Feel free to ask us anything, anytime.
On NinjaTrader 8, you even have access to our PRIORITY SUPPORT directly from charts.
Please read Customer Service for details.
All software upgrades for NinjaTrader 7 are absolutely FREE of charge.
All software upgrades for NinjaTrader 8 are absolutely FREE of charge.
A one-time low fee may be required for an upgrade from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8.
Please read Upgrade Policy for details.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON-REFUNDABLE!
Because software products may be copied and stored easily, we will NOT issue refunds of any kind.
Upon purchasing this software, you agree to be bound by Terms of Service.
NinjaTrader 8 version:
- 01 Jan 2023 – The indicator was released (build new).