Build a solid NinjaTrader Bollinger Bands strategy with Superior Bollinger
Bollinger Bands is one of the most popular indicators in the world of trading as traders can use it in different ways to build effective NinjaTrader Bollinger Bands strategies. Depending on the trading style of each trader, a NinjaTrader Bollinger Bands strategy can be designed for range-trading or trend-trading purposes.
Bollinger Bands gives you a perspective on the price and volatility of a specific financial instrument. This classic technical indicator consists of a moving average which is also called the middle band, and an upper band & a lower band placed at an offset from the middle band, where the offset is calculated in the Standard Deviation unit. Our Superior Bollinger indicator is a remake of this classic indicator, supplying 11 popular moving averages for the moving average definition and smoothing configuration, with which you can research & test to build a successful NinjaTrader Bollinger Bands strategy to your wishing.
One of the common NinjaTrader Bollinger Bands strategies is the overbought/oversold trading strategy. When the price of a particular instrument crosses below the lower band and then starts bouncing up, a buy signal appears. When the price breaks above the upper band and then starts falling, a sell signal occurs. It is worth noting that this popular NinjaTrader Bollinger Bands strategy only works effectively during range-bound markets. It is a highly risky strategy during a trending period.
You can profit from another useful NinjaTrader Bollinger Bands strategy which is called the Bollinger squeeze. A squeeze happens when the volatility of the market drops to a low level, corresponding to a period of narrow Bollinger Bands width. It is well-known that periods of low volatility often lead to periods of high volatility or trend explosion. Therefore, a volatility reduction or a tight width of Bollinger Bands can forecast a significant rise or fall in price. With a squeeze and a later break above the upper band, the strategy indicates a buy signal. On the other hand, with a squeeze and a following break below the lower band, a sell signal appears.
Combining Superior Bollinger with other technical indicators can help you establish a comprehensive trading strategy.
- Plot the traditional Bollinger bands
- Allow choosing any of 11 popular moving averages for the calculation of middle band
- Allow smoothing the middle band (with 11 popular moving averages)
- Allow colorizing the bands based on slope
- Allow painting the cloud between upper band and lower band (with 2 different colors for upper part & lower part) NT8 only
- Trigger alerts on Bollinger bands breakout
- Print markers on Bollinger bands breakout
- Colorize bars on Bollinger bands breakout NT8 only
- Be NinjaScript ready for advanced usage, only restricted by your imagination NT8 only
- Expose dedicated NinjaScript signals NT8 only
- Popup alert
- Sound alert (configurable rearm)
- Email alert (possibly configured as SMS alert)
- Message displayed in Alerts Log window
- Can be used in HelloWin Backtest - our AMAZING backtesting software @ HelloWin.io
- Can be used in Market Analyzer
- Can be used in Strategy Builder
- Can be used in BloodHound
- Can be used in 3rd-party indicators, strategies, products
- Professional & clean signature for easy calling
Dedicated NinjaScript signals:
- Signal_State: 1 = above upper band, -1 = below lower band, 0 = inside
- Instruments: futures, stocks, indices
- Interval types: timebased or non-timebased, standard or custom
- Chart styles: whatever
- Ready to use out of the box
- Fully configurable & customizable with ease
Please read Installation Guide for details.
FREE support for life! Feel free to ask us anything, anytime.
On NinjaTrader 8, you even have access to our PRIORITY SUPPORT directly from charts.
Please read Customer Service for details.
All software upgrades for NinjaTrader 7 are absolutely FREE of charge.
All software upgrades for NinjaTrader 8 are absolutely FREE of charge.
A one-time low fee may be required for an upgrade from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8.
Please read Upgrade Policy for details.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON-REFUNDABLE!
Because software products may be copied and stored easily, we will NOT issue refunds of any kind.
Upon purchasing this software, you agree to be bound by Terms of Service.
NinjaTrader 8 version:
- 17 Mar 2021 – Massive changes, fixes and improvements were made (DPI, display name, Z order, alert properties, marker string, bar painting, chart info, property naming/positioning/grouping); alert popup was visually enhanced; all plot values were rounded to the nearest tick size.
- 23 Jul 2019 – Sound selector was fixed.
- 21 Apr 2019 – The licensing system was critically upgraded.
- 18 Sep 2018 – The indicator was re-exported to be compatible with recent changes of the platform; the toolbar menu was removed.
- 17 Oct 2016 – The indicator was released (converted from its NT7 version).
NinjaTrader 7 version:
- 15 Oct 2014 – The indicator was released.