- NinjaTrader 7 platform: NOT PLANNED
- NinjaTrader 8 platform: AVAILABLE NOW
- Calculate mode: any modes
- Trader manual: not available
Sine Weighted Moving Average is very smooth
Sine WMA, which stands for Sine Weighted Moving Average, is a technical trend indicator for NinjaTrader 8 that helps traders in determining a market’s direction so that they can adjust their trading strategy accordingly. It is a new member in ninZa.co’s moving average family.
Sine Weighted Moving Average employs a special use of the sine function to factor both time and price movements into its calculation. With inputs for the sine function ranging from 0 to Pi, Sine Weighted Moving Average distributes weights to the bars of a period in a BELL shape, and therefore the indicator puts the largest weighting to the data in the middle and less weighting on the newest and oldest data points. This weight distribution is very similar to Triangular Moving Average (TMA).
The weightings for an N-bar average are expressed as follows:
Sine Weighted Moving Average is calculated by multiplying the sine weight for each bar by the price at the bar, adding it all up and then dividing the result by the sum of the sine weights.
Because of its unique use of sine calculation, Sine WMA creates a very smooth curve and is great at identifying trends, while filtering out unnecessary noise.
- Plot Sine Weighted Moving Average
- Allow smoothing Sine Weighted Moving Average (with 11 popular moving averages)
- Allow applying a plot change filter
- Colorize plot based on 2 phases: uptrend, downtrend
- Colorize bars to show 2 phases: uptrend, downtrend
- Paint background to show 2 phases: uptrend, downtrend
- Print markers on trend shift
- Trigger alerts on trend shift
- Be NinjaScript ready for advanced usage, only restricted by your imagination
- Expose dedicated NinjaScript signals
- Popup alert
- Sound alert (configurable rearm)
- Email alert (possibly configured as SMS alert)
- Message displayed in Alerts Log window
- Can be used in HelloWin Backtest - our AMAZING backtesting software @ HelloWin.io
- Can be used in Market Analyzer
- Can be used in Strategy Builder
- Can be used in BloodHound
- Can be used in 3rd-party indicators, strategies, products
- Professional & clean signature for easy calling
Dedicated NinjaScript signals:
- Signal_Trend: 1 = uptrend, -1 = downtrend
- Instruments: futures, stocks, indices
- Interval types: timebased or non-timebased, standard or custom
- Chart styles: whatever
- Ready to use out of the box
- Fully configurable & customizable with ease
Please read Installation Guide for details.
FREE support for life! Feel free to ask us anything, anytime.
On NinjaTrader 8, you even have access to our PRIORITY SUPPORT directly from charts.
Please read Customer Service for details.
All software upgrades for NinjaTrader 7 are absolutely FREE of charge.
All software upgrades for NinjaTrader 8 are absolutely FREE of charge.
A one-time low fee may be required for an upgrade from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8.
Please read Upgrade Policy for details.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON-REFUNDABLE!
Because software products may be copied and stored easily, we will NOT issue refunds of any kind.
Upon purchasing this software, you agree to be bound by Terms of Service.
NinjaTrader 8 version:
- 20 Oct 2022 – The indicator was re-exported to be compatible with recent changes of the platform.
- 10 Oct 2022 – The indicator was released (build new).