- NinjaTrader 7 platform: NOT PLANNED
- NinjaTrader 8 platform: AVAILABLE NOW
- Calculate mode: OnBarClose only
- Trader manual: not available
+ This purchase does NOT include Easy Trend, which was used in our demo screenshots below to help identify major trends. If you want to buy both Sidewayz ZP & Easy Trend, please contact us for a special discount.
There are so many trend indicators out there but most of them face the same issue: they fail in a sideways or choppy market. Unfortunately, you can hardly find a good indicator that actually helps identity choppy phases.
That’s why ninZa.co set a quest to research and develop powerful sideways detectors, one of which is Sidewayz ZP.
Sidewayz ZP (ZP = Zero Percentage) is based on the percentage of neutral bars (zero bar bias).
- First, the indicator calculates the bar bias of each bar (1: bullish, -1: bearish, 0: neutral).
- Second, it counts the number of neutral bars (zero bias) and calculates the percentage of neutral bars in the specified lookback.
- Then it plots zero percentage values.
- A sideways period is detected if zero percentage is NOT smaller than a threshold you define (i.e. it is high enough) for X bars in a row (this X value is called “threshold-met span“).
This super indicator provides full options for you to design your preferred chop filters. Think of it as Photoshop or AutoCAD software, whose real power can only be discovered by users – not the developer.
IMPORTANT: We recommend you use our Easy Trend indicator or any moving average to help identify the major trend direction. You only trade long in an uptrend and only trade short in a downtrend.
In this indicator, ninZaATR is used (instead of regular ATR) for better performance. For your information, ninZaATR is ninZa.co's special ATR version that helps improve indicator performance significantly on intraday charts. It is also a standalone FREE indicator for ninZaFamily → https://ninza.co/product/ninzaatr.
- Detect sideways markets
- Allow configuring bar bias settings
- Allow specifying the lookback to calculate zero percentage
- Allow specifying the threshold to filter zero percentage
- Allow specifying the threshold-met span
- Allow specifying max base zone’s range in ATR unit
- Allow specifying sideways bound in ATR unit
- Paint base zones
- Paint sideways zones
- Draw sideways bounds
- Draw sideways extensions
- Trigger alerts on sideways detection
- Print markers on sideways breakout
- Trigger alerts on sideways breakout
- Be NinjaScript ready for advanced usage, only restricted by your imagination
- Expose dedicated NinjaScript signals
- Popup alert
- Sound alert (configurable rearm)
- Email alert (possibly configured as SMS alert)
- Message displayed in Alerts Log window
- Can be used in HelloWin Backtest - our AMAZING backtesting software @ HelloWin.io
- Can be used in Market Analyzer
- Can be used in Strategy Builder
- Can be used in BloodHound
- Can be used in 3rd-party indicators, strategies, products
- Professional & clean signature for easy calling
Dedicated NinjaScript signals:
- Signal_State: 1 = sideways, 0 = no sideways
- Signal_Breakout: 1 = break up, -1 = break down, 0 = no breakout
- Instruments: futures, stocks, indices
- Interval types: except range, renko, ninZaRenko, UniRenko (and similar renko types)
- Chart styles: whatever
- Ready to use out of the box
- Fully configurable & customizable with ease
Please read Installation Guide for details.
FREE support for life! Feel free to ask us anything, anytime.
On NinjaTrader 8, you even have access to our PRIORITY SUPPORT directly from charts.
Please read Customer Service for details.
All software upgrades for NinjaTrader 7 are absolutely FREE of charge.
All software upgrades for NinjaTrader 8 are absolutely FREE of charge.
A one-time low fee may be required for an upgrade from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8.
Please read Upgrade Policy for details.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON-REFUNDABLE!
Because software products may be copied and stored easily, we will NOT issue refunds of any kind.
Upon purchasing this software, you agree to be bound by Terms of Service.
NinjaTrader 8 version:
- 14 Sep 2020 – Massive changes, fixes and improvements were made (DPI, display name, Z order, alert properties, marker string, chart info, property naming/positioning/grouping); regular ATR was replaced with ninZaATR for better performance; alert popup was visually enhanced; confused signal series were fixed.
- 09 Mar 2020 – An issue related to exposed parameters was fixed.
- 21 Oct 2019 – The indicator was released (built new).