- Lifetime licenses
- Lifetime upgrades
- Lifetime support
PRIME* MA Howfar
MA Howfar, as its name indicates, measures how far the market is from a moving average you specify. The "howfar" information is expressed in ticks (easy to read) and plotted as a bar graph in a separate panel for you to easily visualize. Positive howfar means the market is above the moving average, and negative howfar means the market is below the moving average. Additionally, MA Howfar adds 2 ATR-based thresholds: the upper is for positive howfar and the lower is for negative howfar. When the howfar number meets the upper threshold, the trend switches to uptrend; when the howfar number meets the lower threshold, the trend switches to downtrend.
A wonderful feature of this indicator is trend slowdown detection, based on the number of bars for slowdown scan you define. Its default is 3, which means: if there are 3 consecutive positive decreasing bars, the uptrend experiences a slowdown; if there are 3 consecutive negative decreasing bars, the downtrend experiences a slowdown. Slowdowns are marked with dot symbols (⬤⬤).
In this indicator, ninZaATR is used (instead of regular ATR) for better performance. For your information, ninZaATR is ninZa.co's special ATR version that helps improve indicator performance significantly on intraday charts. It is also a standalone FREE indicator for ninZaFamily → https://ninza.co/product/ninzaatr.
- Plot the difference between the market and a moving average
- Allow defining the moving average (with
- Allow smoothing the moving average with any of
- Allow smoothing "howfar" with any of 10 smoothing methods
- Allow specifying the number of bars for slowdown scan
- Add an upper threshold for filtering positive howfar and a lower threshold for filtering negative howfar, both of which are ATR-based
- Colorize the plot in 4 different colors: positive increase, positive decrease, negative increase, negative decrease
- Paint background to clearly show uptrend vs downtrend
- Colorize bars based on 2 phases: uptrend, downtrend
- Trigger alerts on trend shift
- Trigger alerts on trend slowdown
- Print markers on trend shift
- Print markers on trend slowdown
- Be NinjaScript ready for advanced usage, only restricted by your imagination
- Expose dedicated NinjaScript signals
Sound alert (configurable rearm)
Email alert (possibly configured as SMS alert)
Message displayed in Alerts Log window
- Signal_State: 2 = positive increase, -2 = negative increase, 1 = positive decrease, -1 = negative decrease, 0 = zero
- Signal_Trend: 1 = uptrend, -1 = downtrend
- Signal_Slowdown: 1 = downtrend slowdown, -1 = uptrend slowdown, 0 = no slowdown
Instruments: futures, stocks, indices
Interval types: timebased or non-timebased, standard or custom
Chart styles: whatever
Ready to use out of the box
Fully configurable & customizable with ease
- 26 Aug 2020 - Massive changes, fixes and improvements were made (DPI, display name, Z order, alert properties, marker string, bar painting, chart info, property naming/positioning/grouping); regular ATR was replaced with ninZaATR for better performance; alert popup was visually enhanced.
- 23 Jul 2019 - Sound selector was fixed.
- 16 May 2019 - The indicator was released (built new).
PRIME* MA Howfar $$5 5Bob100%ninZa.co has some really great indicators that with a little bit of creativity you can get some useful information. One tool that isn't talked about much is MA Howfar. This chart has multiple instances of this indicator overlayed in the same subgraph. It has a log scale instead of linear. The time scale is compressed to show all of Friday RTH and Sunday Globex open plus a few hours. It is said that price trends and consolidates as well as cycles. That is essentially what is attempted to show here as well as turning points in the cycles.
Like most of ninZa.co's indicators, this one too is BloodHound compatible. I have SharkIndicators and BlackBird so I create signals and strategies using ninZa.co indicators.
These testimonials may not be representative of the experience of other users or customers and do not guarantee future performance or success.
For just a one-time payment, you will get:
PREMIUM product with meticulous dev & design
LIFETIME license, without any hidden fees
FREE exchange within 15 days
FREE world-class support, for life
FREE upgrade for NinjaTrader 8, for life
FREE access to our self-served licensing system
FREE remote assistance if you cannot install yourself
Why ninZa.co ???
Integrity & reliability
30,000+ users worldwide
150+ indicators & packages
450+ reviews with 5 stars
10 years in the business
- Prices below market averages
- Premium-grade indicators
- Lifetime after-purchase assistance
- 150+ indicators of various types
- Comprehensive trading packages
- HelloWin for backtesting, add-ons
- 30,000+ worldwide users
- 10 years in the industry
- Among top NinjaTrader 8 vendors
- Remote desktop assistance
- Live chat support
- Email assistance
- 15-day exchange
- Straightforward process
- No additional fees