- NinjaTrader 7 platform: NOT PLANNED
- NinjaTrader 8 platform: AVAILABLE NOW
- Calculate mode: any modes
- Trader manual: not available
Rolling pivot is a trading method suggested by Mark B. Fisher in his book “The Logical Trader”. The original version just monitors 3 latest days for pivot calculation, but in our version we allow you to decide the number of days: it can be 3, 5, 7, 10 days… The basic idea is taking into account the highest high, lowest low of the past X days, and the close to calculate the pivot plots.
Fisher’s rolling pivot low & high are displayed as S1 and R1 in our indicator. The area between S1 and R1 is where the market trades without a clear bias. Therefore, our indicator shades this area in yellow to signal traders of a choppy zone where you should not trade.
You should only trade when the market moves out of the choppy zone between S1 and R1. When the market breaches above R1, a bullish phase is established and long trades are favored. When the market breaches below S1, a bearish phase is established and short trades are favored.
In order to help you have targets for long/short trades, we added S2/R2, S3/R3, S4/R4 which are user-defined offsets from the PP line (those new S/R plots are our improvements compared to Fisher’s version).
Especially, we allow you to specify the minimum differential percentage to normalize pivot differential between days, which helps the S/R lines locate better: neither too expanding nor too collapsing.
- Allow configuring the number of days (X)
- Allow configuring minimum differential percentage
- Plot pivots of today’s session as well as all the past sessions
- Plot up to S4/R4 (optionally show/hide each pair)
- Allow modifying factors to compute S/R levels
- Colorize PP line to reflect if the market is bullish or bearish
- Shade the middle zone to highlight choppy price action
- Display how bullish/bearish the market is with an innovative ribbon
- Label each pivot lines (with an optional pivot name)
- Trigger alerts on middle zone breakout
- Print markers on middle zone breakout
- Be NinjaScript ready for advanced usage, only restricted by your imagination
- Expose dedicated NinjaScript signals
- Popup alert
- Sound alert (configurable rearm)
- Email alert (possibly configured as SMS alert)
- Message displayed in Alerts Log window
- Can be used in HelloWin Backtest - our AMAZING backtesting software @ HelloWin.io
- Can be used in Market Analyzer
- Can be used in Strategy Builder
- Can be used in BloodHound
- Can be used in 3rd-party indicators, strategies, products
- Professional & clean signature for easy calling
Dedicated NinjaScript signals:
- 5 = above R4
- 4 = from R3 to R4
- 3 = from R2 to R3
- 2 = from R1 to R2
- 1 = from PP to R1
- -1 = from PP to S1
- -2 = from S1 to S2
- -3 = from S2 to S3
- -4 = from S3 to S4
- -5 = below S4
- Instruments: futures, stocks, indices
- Interval types: timebased or non-timebased, standard or custom
- Chart styles: whatever
- Ready to use out of the box
- Fully configurable & customizable with ease
Please read Installation Guide for details.
FREE support for life! Feel free to ask us anything, anytime.
On NinjaTrader 8, you even have access to our PRIORITY SUPPORT directly from charts.
Please read Customer Service for details.
All software upgrades for NinjaTrader 7 are absolutely FREE of charge.
All software upgrades for NinjaTrader 8 are absolutely FREE of charge.
A one-time low fee may be required for an upgrade from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8.
Please read Upgrade Policy for details.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON-REFUNDABLE!
Because software products may be copied and stored easily, we will NOT issue refunds of any kind.
Upon purchasing this software, you agree to be bound by Terms of Service.
NinjaTrader 8 version:
- 14 Jun 2021 – Massive changes, fixes and improvements were made (DPI, display name, Z order, alert properties, marker string, chart info, property naming/positioning/grouping).
- 13 Jun 2020 – The indicator was released (built new).