- NinjaTrader 7 platform: NOT PLANNED
- NinjaTrader 8 platform: AVAILABLE NOW
- Calculate mode: OnBarClose only
- Trader manual: not available
This is a classic indicator remade by ninZa.co.
MACD is generally voted as the most-used classic indicator. We remade it by adding many useful graphical enhancements to help traders see important signals more easily. We also provide 10 popular moving average types for you to independently configure the fast MA, slow MA, and the signal line. Each of them can be smoothed with any of 10 smoothing methods.
The most used signal out of MACD is a crossover between the MACD line and the signal line. We tremendously enhanced this by switching to translate the histogram (the difference between the MACD line and the signal line).
An upper threshold and a lower threshold (both are based on ATR) are applied to the histogram to help define trend phases efficiently:
- In an uptrend, the histogram must go below the lower threshold for the trend to switch to a downtrend.
- In a downtrend, the histogram must climb above the upper threshold for the trend to switch to an uptrend.
A wonderful feature of this indicator is trend slowdown detection, based on the number of histogram bars for slowdown scan you define. Its default is 3, which means: if there are 3 consecutive positive decreasing bars, the uptrend experiences a slowdown; if there are 3 consecutive negative decreasing bars, the downtrend experiences a slowdown.
Slowdowns are marked with dot symbols (). Zero crossovers are marked with arrow symbols (↑↓).
In this indicator, ninZaATR is used (instead of regular ATR) for better performance. For your information, ninZaATR is ninZa.co's special ATR version that helps improve indicator performance significantly on intraday charts. It is also a standalone FREE indicator for ninZaFamily → https://ninza.co/product/ninzaatr.
- Plot MACD line, signal line and the difference between those 2 lines
- Allow independently configuring fast MA, slow MA, signal line with 11 popular moving averages
- Allow independently smoothing fast MA, slow MA, signal line with 11 popular moving averages
- Allow specifying the number of bars for slowdown scan
- Add an upper threshold for filtering positive difference and a lower threshold for filtering negative difference, both of which are ATR-based
- Colorize the difference plot in 4 different colors: positive increase, positive decrease, negative increase, negative decrease
- Paint background to clearly show uptrend vs downtrend
- Colorize bars based on 2 phases: uptrend, downtrend
- Trigger alerts on trend shift
- Trigger alerts on trend slowdown
- Trigger alerts on zero crossover
- Print markers on trend shift
- Print markers on trend slowdown
- Print markers on zero crossover
- Be NinjaScript ready for advanced usage, only restricted by your imagination
- Expose dedicated NinjaScript signals
- Popup alert
- Sound alert (configurable rearm)
- Email alert (possibly configured as SMS alert)
- Message displayed in Alerts Log window
- Can be used in ninZa.co's GRAND* HelloWin (our AMAZING analysis tool)
- Can be used in Market Analyzer
- Can be used in Strategy Builder
- Can be used in BloodHound
- Can be used in 3rd-party indicators, strategies, products
- Professional & clean signature for easy calling
Dedicated NinjaScript signals:
- Signal_State: 2 = positive increase, -2 = negative increase, 1 = positive decrease, -1 = negative decrease, 0 = zero
- Signal_Trend: 1 = uptrend, -1 = downtrend
- Signal_Slowdown: 1 = downtrend slowdown, -1 = uptrend slowdown, 0 = no slowdown
- Signal_ZeroCrossover: 1 = MACD above zero, -1 = MACD below zero
- Instruments: futures, stocks, indices
- Interval types: timebased or non-timebased, standard or custom
- Chart styles: whatever
- Ready to use out of the box
- Fully configurable & customizable with ease
Please read Installation Guide for details.
FREE support for life! Feel free to ask us anything, anytime.
On NinjaTrader 8, you even have access to our PRIORITY SUPPORT directly from charts.
Please read Customer Service for details.
All software upgrades for NinjaTrader 7 are absolutely FREE of charge.
All software upgrades for NinjaTrader 8 are absolutely FREE of charge.
A one-time low fee may be required for an upgrade from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8.
Please read Upgrade Policy for details.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON-REFUNDABLE!
Because software products may be copied and stored easily, we will NOT issue refunds of any kind.
Upon purchasing this software, you agree to be bound by Terms of Service.
NinjaTrader 8 version:
- 14 Sep 2020 – A minor issue with “soundPath” was fixed.
- 03 Sep 2020 – Massive changes, fixes and improvements were made (DPI, display name, Z order, alert properties, marker string, bar painting, chart info, property naming/positioning/grouping); regular ATR was replaced with ninZaATR for better performance; alert popup was visually enhanced.
- 19 Aug 2019 – The indicator was released (build new).