This article will instruct you how to add new languages & voices from Microsoft's servers.
In Windows 7, it is almost impossible to add more voices.
On most computers, the default voice (Microsoft Anna - English) is the only choice in the list.
Few computers provide more than one pre-installed voices.
In 99% of cases (regardless of whether a computer has one or multiple pre-installed voices), adding a new voice or language in Windows 7 does NOT end up with success.
In Windows 8 or Windows 10, you can easily install new languages & voices.
Step 1 - Make sure Windows Update is enabledWithout Windows Update enabled, you cannot download any language packages.
- Windows 8: Please follow this instruction to navigate to Windows Update settings, then make sure you have "Install updates automatically (recommended)" selected.
- Windows 10: By design, Windows Update cannot be switched off, so you don't have to do anything. However, if you are using a third-party application to switch off Windows Update, please temporarily turn it on.
Almost all popular languages are supported: English, Chinese, Spanish, Russian, French, Italian, German, Japanese, Arabic... This means you will be able to have alerts spoken in your native language.
Please follow any of the following instructions to install a language package you want (each language package usually consists of several voices).
- Instruction 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqZxDll9Fhc
- Instruction 2: http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/56333/windows-10-change-or-add-another-language
- Instruction 3: https://beebom.com/add-remove-and-change-language-in-windows-10